Iran has outlined a new peace proposal to the United States that includes ending hostilities across the region, lifting sanctions, and securing compensation for damage caused during the conflict, according to Iranian state media reports.
PM Shehbaz Sharif Arrives in Quetta for One-Day Visit
Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran’s proposal calls for a halt to fighting on all fronts, including in Lebanon, the withdrawal of US forces from areas near Iran, the release of frozen Iranian assets, and an end to the US maritime blockade.
The proposal reportedly also seeks reparations for destruction caused during the US-Israeli military campaign and the easing of restrictions affecting Iran’s economy.
The reported terms appear largely similar to earlier proposals that had previously been rejected by Donald Trump. However, Trump said on Monday that a renewed agreement may now be possible and noted that planned military action had been paused following the latest diplomatic exchanges.
Speaking to reporters, Trump said there was a “very good chance” of reaching an agreement that would prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons while avoiding further military escalation.
Sources indicated that Pakistan has continued acting as a diplomatic intermediary and conveyed Tehran’s latest proposal to Washington as part of ongoing efforts to sustain dialogue between both sides.
Reports also suggested possible flexibility regarding Iran’s peaceful nuclear activities under international oversight, although US officials have not publicly confirmed any concessions.
The ongoing diplomatic efforts come as global attention remains focused on restoring stability in the Strait of Hormuz, a key route for international energy supplies.
